Monday, February 1, 2010

last few days

The last few days have been wonderful! We have our unaccompanied baggage which included our tv, a set of 4 folding chairs, a small folding table, pots and pans, baking pans/sheets, plates/bowls, silverware, our Wii, towels, clothes and of course some of Brian's military gear. It all came on Friday pretty early into the day which was nice. They gave Brian a time frame of 7am-7pm which is just nuts. Our place is starting to look more like a house than just an empty place with little stuff in it. We are trying to figure out what the best way is to do the curtains because they all have the German track system and not regular American systems! So for the time being we have sheets hanging up in the dinning room covering the window so when it gets to be sunny we can see inside of our place unlike this past Saturday when I couldn't read my laptop or any of my homework papers!

Brian was able to pass his drivers test last week and can now drive in Germany. This is huge news, I plan to go take the test on Wednesday since my homework was a breeze this week due to group work! I've been busy working on submitting applications for jobs around here in hopes of being able to get something. At this point I would be happy with a job that could give me 25-30 hours a week just to get me outta the house and saving some money to travel with later on. We got spoiled and had 3 home cooked meals this past weekend. It's been so nice being able to cook not only with my own pots and pans but in my own kitchen! We are loving it here and have been able to go out into Ansbach and go walk around downtown. We had a short walk through downtown where all the mom and pop shops are along with restaurants. Before that we stopped at the plaza that is like what we'd call a mall back in the states. We will be heading back down there to get some stuff for our house such as curtains and other things hopefully this week or weekend. Brian is busy looking for a car to buy so he doesn't have to walk places anymore. Hopefully the one he is supposed to look at today isn't too highly priced and is in great shape. I'll post later on about that. Now onto the pictures I took of our place on Thursday. Sorry some aren't great but deal with it! I'll be sure to post pictures later this month once we get our stuff (should be next week when we get everything else!) I'm also hoping that I can go with Brian next week to do "Head Start" with him. This is just like going to school, they teach you some German, take you around town, make you order in German and show you the ropes of things around here. If all goes well I should be able to go all week with him.

On to the pictures:

Our front door, sorry it's a bad picture!

Stairs from the top of our floor, looking down to go down stairs.


Let's start off in my favorite room of the house the kitchen! Here is one side of the kitchen. As my family would say it's a one butt kitchen!

Neat shelving in the kitchen... Oh the possibilities of what to put there!

Other half of the kitchen. Yup hard to cook, do dishes, clean with more than one person in there!


Shelving in our dinning room. It's pretty neat and yet we have no clue what to put there just yet.


Dinning room with the loaner table and chairs. Excuse the mess!

One side of the living room.

Behind the front door is a pretty nice coat/shoe closet!


Other side of the living room.

Our hallway towards the bedrooms and bathroom.

Bathroom, pretty new was redone in Sept of last year. Sadly bigger than the kitchen!


Big linen closet inside of the bathroom which is nice!

One side of the Master Bedroom

Wall of closets in the Master Bedroom.

Wall of closets in the spare bedroom. Brian's Army clothing goes on the left side and the right door is dedicated to my scrapbooking supplies :) How AWESOME is that?!?!?!?!

Spare Room that was pretty empty!

Moving truck that came with our stuff on Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment